PDA

View Full Version : Exluding Parameter Type

BillyGrey
2007-04-17, 08:26 PM
I have created a bunch of electrical symbols (i.e. receptacle) that are tied to a schedule via shared parameters that name, count, total, etc. All family types are set to Electrical Fixture.

I edited each individual family element to dumb them down so as not to count in my schedule, but appear on my legend (i.e. receptacle) and only changed their Family Type/Parameters to a category I do not use, Data Device.

When I place these into a view, they still insert themselves onto the schedule.
I double checked my Shared Parameter.txt file, and Data Device is not listed, and I do not have it listed in the schedule itself, either.

I am at a loss.

Can anyone school me in how to get rid of my sticky dumb fixtures?

Thanks In Advance,

Billy

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-17, 09:52 PM
Billy,

I'm not quite 100% clear on what you want. It sounds to me like you wanted to dumb down your families so they wouldn't schedule when you placed them in your legends? If so, no dumbing down is needed as the symbols of components that appear in legends don't schedule.

However, it seems like you're not placing these dumber families in a legend as you are clearly seeing them in your schedule.

So, why again did you create "dumber" families?
And how did you dumb them down again?

Also, you might post an example of the smart family, the dumb family, and a project with both in it for us to fiddle with and try to fix.

Good Luck!

BillyGrey
2007-04-18, 12:47 AM
I made a number of nomenclature errors in my first post, so no wonder it came off confusing. I am following a bread crumb trail right now that is educating me and possibly complicating the issue. I'll post back later and clarify.

Thanks Kelly.