PDA

View Full Version : Strange CAD import problem

dpasa
2007-04-17, 09:10 PM
The file attached is a dwg from a client. When I try to import it in a new project (it's the first thing I do) I get some strange behaviour from Revit 2008 and I finally have to close the project file.
There is nothing wrong when I try the same thing with 9.1
Can someone verify a strange behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your time... I want to start this project with 2008 but it seems I will have some problems.

P.S. I don't think the file was created with simple AutoCAD... maybe some other software is involved.

jeffh
2007-04-18, 03:48 AM
file opened fine in AutoCAD 2007.

Imported into Revit Architecture 2008 with no issues.

dpasa
2007-04-18, 04:59 AM
file opened fine in AutoCAD 2007.

Imported into Revit Architecture 2008 with no issues.

After a test, this is what I can show to you

jeffh
2007-04-18, 01:48 PM
I tested agin using the settings you show in the first screen capture and everything worked fine for me again. The error drawing contents of this window can sometimes be related to graphics issues. You might want to try making sure your drivers are up to date and switching your OpenGL setting to opposite whatever it is now in Revit and see if that helps with the issue. If these suggestion do'not work you might try sending the files to support to see if they can reproduce so a developer can take a closer look.

dpasa
2007-04-18, 01:59 PM
I tested agin using the settings you show in the first screen capture and everything worked fine for me again. The error drawing contents of this window can sometimes be related to graphics issues. You might want to try making sure your drivers are up to date and switching your OpenGL setting to opposite whatever it is now in Revit and see if that helps with the issue. If these suggestion do'not work you might try sending the files to support to see if they can reproduce so a developer can take a closer look.

I will continue with 9.1 and when I get rid of the DWGs I will finish with 2008.
Thank you very much for your time

DoTheBIM
2007-04-18, 02:53 PM
That is definately a graphics related error. I've seen it many times on my home pc with revit. I get it a lot after I resume from a screen saver and/or a power save monitor off. closing the window and reopening always fixed it. A couple things to try would be messing with the graphics setting in revit. try turning on/off open gl or overlay planes. A work around that I'd try would be to close all but two windows (one being unrelated to the one you want to import in...ex. section) place the dwg in the plan view and when/if it prompts to close the window it should still have the section view open thus keeping the project open. You might also try placing the dwg in a drafting view vs a plan view as well and just overlay the two on a sheet.

FYI... I imported OK in 2008 as well.