PDA

View Full Version : animated solar study has "glitches"

k.armstrong
2007-04-18, 03:43 AM
Hi all,

doing a few solar studies for shading options on a commercial building. Every now & then the sun pentration shown in the frame goes all weird - as if the object causing the shading is not there - crazy - anyone else experienced this? is it a bug?

revit arch 2008

oh and what happened to 1 minute intervals - 15mins IS not very workable
cheers
Ken

dpasa
2007-04-18, 05:46 AM
Hi all,

doing a few solar studies for shading options on a commercial building. Every now & then the sun pentration shown in the frame goes all weird - as if the object causing the shading is not there - crazy - anyone else experienced this? is it a bug?

revit arch 2008

oh and what happened to 1 minute intervals - 15mins IS not very workable
cheers
Ken

I am not very happy with the solar studies but I had this problem with 9.1 too. The 1m interval was not in 9.1 too if I remember well

Mr Spot
2007-04-18, 06:16 AM
There are improvements with the shadows in 2008, that is you should be able to have a camera in shadow and have the shadows display correctly.

However, whether it works does tend to be a bit hit and miss. I'd expect a new build to resolve this in a few weeks. Hopefully :)

ejburrell67787
2007-04-23, 05:19 PM
There are improvements with the shadows in 2008, that is you should be able to have a camera in shadow and have the shadows display correctly.

However, whether it works does tend to be a bit hit and miss. I'd expect a new build to resolve this in a few weeks. Hopefully :)That does seem to be working now. As you say though a few hits and misses amongst the shadows though...