PDA

View Full Version : Dimension prefix and suffix

clog boy
2007-04-18, 09:19 AM
We have a certain style of dimensions with a prefix alt+273 ◄ and suffix alt+272 ►. This is to annotate internal room dimensions for drawings to interest potential customers.

Our contractor however prefers to use Lucida Sans instead of Arial, and Lucida Sans only has an 8 bit character set in contradiction to Arial (which contains all Unicode characters). This renders our prefix and suffix useless since they are Unicode, and not standard ASCII..
When we try to use Lucida Sans Unicode the dimensions look all messed up. We have yet to find a way to solve this.
It would also help if we would have more control over our tick marks. Perhaps that would offer a way out if it would work anything like section heads?

Thoughts, please?

phyllisr
2007-04-19, 03:26 AM
Since I am seriously not an expert in this area and manage to make a mess of this every time I try it, I cannot guarantee this will work. In theory, you can get all this stuff in Lucida Sans if you want to try and tinker with the code. I have not done this in Revit before but attached is a link to a site that I use for other stuff. As I said, I am not a programmer and can do a lot of damage...

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/font/lucida_sans_regular/list.htm

Can you explain what you mean about more control over tick marks?

This, of course, is why we all love contractors that care deeply about fonts. :)

clog boy
2007-04-19, 01:01 PM
The problem would be that the contractor wants to have our revit files, at a certain time. If we tinker with the font, things will get 'not so good' when they open the file.
Not to mention the use of a PDF writer... too many 'ifs'.