PDA

View Full Version : Schedule for interior finishes

bgauthier
2007-04-18, 12:46 PM
can someone help me with this one. We have several designers in the office. The want to create a schedule that will include all the interior finishes. Even if there are different color and/or finishes on each wall of a room. How can I list every single wall of a room in this schedule. I really don't know how to create that kind of schedule. Thanks

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-18, 04:03 PM
What you want to do is called a Material takeoff. It will basically take off quantities for every material in your project. You have a lot of sorting and grouping options, and can filter things out. Basically, it looks at all the materials in your materials dialog and searches for quantities for them. If you have a consistent naming scheme for these materials (Int. Paint 1) you can quickly filter out all the other materials and have only your interior finishes. Or, have "Interior" listed in the description parameter of the materials. You get the idea.

This is the only way I know how to do this.

gordie_v
2007-04-18, 04:14 PM
I think what you are looking for is a room parameter solution
we have paramaters for
North wall finish
West wall finish
East wall finish
Southwall finish
Ceiling Material/finish
Floor Material
Base
etc

then we create a key schedule for different room catagories.
and set these values in the key schedule.
we then assign each room a catagory like
Storage
Office
Dwelling unit
Mechanical
Vestibule

that will generate a pretty good start, then you can manually edit finishes that are different from the norm