PDA

View Full Version : Office based exams to become architect

Martin P
2004-07-19, 12:33 PM
http://www.riba.org/go/RIBA/Also/Education_2417.html

Posted about a year ago on zoog site about this course you can do within the office to become a qualified architect, I had applied but didnt have enough office experience - I got a letter last week inviting me to apply as I now do have the minimum. Am giving it some thought,as it is a MAJOR undertaking and takes 6 years of study combined with working full time.... Does anyone know of others that have tried this route? would be interested to hear what they have to say about it.

I have to make a decision fairly soon as I was going to start an Architectural technology course in November, this takes 2 years and wont be as involoved..

So I am not going to be moving away anywhere sunny if I start either of these!!! (another post from a while back)

If I do decide to go for it, I hope I can rely on some critiques from around the globe on things I post here! Of course I would be drawing them up in Revit... Do most of you design in Revit? or on paper first for ideas then move on to Revit? I suspect that for an Architectural course they would be happier with more hand drawn work.

I also wonder if I will be eligible to get a student license for Revit?