PDA

View Full Version : Filter not working entirely

petervanko
2007-04-19, 01:36 PM
Anxiously awaiting the new release to arrive as I understand there are new visibility controls for individual objects, but until then I am using filters. Somehting strange happened though: I have a wall that refuses to respond to a filter; others work just fine, but this one won't. Any ideas?

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-19, 01:52 PM
Can you be more specific? What did you Filter by? A parameter? What is the value? Are you trying to filter it in, or out?

Did you leave the value of the parameter you are filtering by blank? I have discovered this does not work...

petervanko
2007-04-19, 02:01 PM
I am detailing heavily and dropping some model walls out. The filter looks to the "Comments" field (instance parameter), and if it finds "NIC" it leaves it out. The peculiar thing is that it is working on every wall except one.

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-19, 02:14 PM
Interesting. I assume youve already verified that there arent two walls in the same place, correct? I know that sounds silly, but otherwise im not sure why it wouldnt be working. Id make the Filter visible, and select multiple walls at the same time and verify that they have the exact same thing in the comments field.

Can you post a slimmed down version of the file?

davidcobi
2007-04-19, 02:33 PM
We've had this happen once in 9.0. It was a wall that was crossing the crop region boundary. We moved the crop region and then did and undo and the wall was majically filtered. Filters may be a bit buggy. We haven't been able to reproduce the behavior.

jcoe
2007-04-19, 02:50 PM
Is you wall in question a stacked wall? I has been my experience that stacked walls do not respond well to filters.