PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Flat Roof over High and Low point Steel Elevations

sfraney
2007-04-19, 03:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on an industrial project that involves a flat roof. The flat roof will have high and low points utilizing bar joists to created 1/4" per foot slopes across the roof surface. My question is what is that best way to create a membrane roof which needs to follow these 1/4" per foot slopes? I'm thinking about using a toposurface object to pick the high and low points on the roof to give me my desired slope. Anyone run into this design issue yet?

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-19, 03:20 PM
what i have done on past jobs where i have a complicated sloping roof (ie sloping in 2 direction, and having different bays sloping together) is create an inplace mass. I use the blend solid to create the shape (in section view) at one end then, do the same at the other end, then apply a roof to face.

Works great. take a look

Justin

Steve_Stafford
2007-04-19, 04:12 PM
You may want to review the new roof tools in Revit Architecture 2008.

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-19, 04:21 PM
yeah, my solution is for 9.1. i have not gotten into 2008 yet.

Justin

Don Sutherland
2007-04-19, 05:29 PM
The new roof sloping tool is great in 2008. This was needed for a long time. For referance I made a new level and called out as top of ridge and made the off set distance the same dimision as the roof assembly. I then made the low drain elevations minus dimension to get the top of drain with the required slope.