PDA

View Full Version : Can't add revision schedule to titleblock??

patricks
2007-04-19, 07:50 PM
I'm trying to make a new title block family. After opening the template of the correct size, I tried going to the View menu > New > Revision Schedule, but it's grayed out. Everything in that whole fly-out menu is grayed out, actually. Am I doing something wrong?

carlosb.101393
2007-04-19, 09:53 PM
I believe is a bug on the earlier builds of revit 9.1, you need to update your revit or use a previous version of revit to create the family.

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-19, 10:43 PM
I just had this issue, and i think it depends on the template that you use to start the family. I started a new one and the revisions worked, then lost the file started another and could not do the revisions.

I decided to wait until 2008 for the new TB. But if you need it fpr 9.1 try each template and see if it works in one of those. I don't think you need to start in an older revit.

Justin

dgreen.49364
2007-04-19, 10:57 PM
This got me scratching my head because we use the revision tracking but for the life of me, I can't remember how we set it up the first time. So I started looking at our title block files and the Revit tutorials. The title blocks we use have a Schedule Graphics item for the Revision schedule, but damned if I can find anything to import into the file. I don't believe this is a Revit bug as much as it is a Revit goof in the tutorials. They explain how to use Revision schedules, but never explain how to get it started. As I went through this I seem to recall that what we did was...cheated...I believe we opened the Revit tutorial, and did the ol' copy/paste of the Schedule Graphic into our title block and voila, we had revision tracking and it all worked.

I think. It's hell getting old. I can't remember what I can't remember.

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-20, 03:01 PM
you should be able to go to view->new->revision schedule. then it comes up as a new view in the project navigator that you can drag onto your titleblock.

to double check my info i started a new titleblock, and today for some reason all the imperial templates allow me to add a revision schedule!

There must be a glitch in the matrix!

Justin

Brockway
2007-04-20, 04:37 PM
I, too, am having the issue where all of the View > New > flyout is gray while editting tibleblock families.
The family templates that already have the Revision Schedule baked into them are all fine and good but if I ever want to create a new titleblock family I can not create a new revision schedule to place on the sheet.
I am using a 9.1 release.

patricks
2007-04-20, 04:53 PM
must be a 9.1 bug. In 2008, the Revision Schedule is the only element available from that flyout while in a title block family. In 9.1 it is not available at all.

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-20, 05:07 PM
i think that it is an installation error. I tried on my work computer and the titleblock is fine. i tried on my laptop and the titleblock does not work.

Has anyone tried a reinstall?

Justin

veronica.lamb
2007-09-25, 12:38 AM
To bring this topic up again, I'm working in 2008 and having troubles with the revision schedules.

I have a titleblock with a revision schedule, formatting & appearance is adjusted. When I load the titleblock into a project started with the office template, then rev sched loses all it's formatting & appearance adjustments. However, if I start a project with the default template from Revit, the rev sched looks fine.

This seems to be a problem in the office template (which I believe was started in Revit9). Anyone else ran into this?
Does the factory have a solution other than recreating the office template?
--V

jamie.casile80054
2007-10-11, 03:22 AM
To bring this topic up again, I'm working in 2008 and having troubles with the revision schedules.

I have a titleblock with a revision schedule, formatting & appearance is adjusted. When I load the titleblock into a project started with the office template, then rev sched loses all it's formatting & appearance adjustments. However, if I start a project with the default template from Revit, the rev sched looks fine.

This seems to be a problem in the office template (which I believe was started in Revit9). Anyone else ran into this?
Does the factory have a solution other than recreating the office template?
--V

any ideas? thought? solutions? responses?
thanks in advance,
jamie

Elmo
2007-10-11, 11:48 AM
The best advice I would have to your guys problems is to create a new template in 2008. This will give you a chance clean it up and give it new revamp. It is also a lot quicker than you think since most of the time your just duplicating what your old template is like.

ian.nichols
2007-10-13, 09:06 PM
I'm trying to make a new title block family. After opening the template of the correct size, I tried going to the View menu > New > Revision Schedule, but it's grayed out. Everything in that whole fly-out menu is grayed out, actually. Am I doing something wrong?

Have you opened the family for editing, beofre trying to add the revision schedule?

jamie.casile80054
2007-12-14, 09:44 PM
ok, took your advice and started with a brand new template in 2008. no luck. the revision schedule still turns the text to arial and turns on all the grid lines for the revision sched.
has anyone else encountered this?
thanks,
jamie

veronica.lamb
2007-12-14, 10:49 PM
Jamie, what build is that office using, 20070810_1700?
Did you start with a brand new template for the titleblock or for the project?
Maybe the files should be sent to Autodesk, they must have a solution if no one else does.
--V

Chirag Mistry
2008-02-05, 01:43 PM
According to the Revit help file, you can create and place the revision schedule only in a titleblock family.

yentes1
2008-10-16, 01:44 PM
Good Morning All,

Let me pose another question to this. I created families of custom title blocks to fit our company standards. I have figured out how to make revision clouds on the sheet and in the plan views. I am still baffeled on getting the revision information to populate the title block. As was suggested before, I went to view>new>revision schedule and it was greyed out. I read another thread that suggested right clicking on the title bolck and going to the view properties and editing the "revisions on sheet" category to populate the schedule. So, I followed that suggestion and checked the box to show in the revision schedule and nothing happened.
Suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help...

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-16, 02:17 PM
To clarify, are you in the PROJECT or the TITLEBLOCK FAMILY when you try going View > New > revision Schedule?

You have to be in the titleblock FAMILY when you put the scheduler on the titleblock, then load it in to the project. The revision clouds will automatically populate it on the sheet...

yentes1
2008-10-16, 04:34 PM
Ok, I got the schedule in the sheet and got it to populate. I am having 2 issues though. First, I can't seem to get the tag to be visible. Second, my title block is created so that the revision area is verticle. So, I need to rotate the schedule. I haven't had any success trying to rotate the schedule so far. Can it be done? And if so, how?
Thanks

patricks
2008-10-16, 04:46 PM
Rotating the schedule is possible in Revit 2009, but not in prior versions. Are you running 2009?

yentes1
2008-10-16, 05:46 PM
Yes, I am using 2009.

patricks
2008-10-17, 02:47 PM
Yes, I am using 2009.

Place the revision schedule in the middle of the sheet while in the title block family. Select the schedule, and you'll see a drop-down box at the top for Rotation On Sheet. Rotate as needed and then position the schedule where you want it on your title block.