PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing with stairs->dwg ->max

dpasa
2007-04-20, 07:49 AM
Using 9.1 for this project, don't want to upgrade until I finish it.
I make a simple straight stair (the shape has nothing to do with what happens) from L1 to L2 and I want L5 to be the top, So it goes from L1 to L2 to L3 to L4 to L5 (4 floors)
When I export to dwg and link to MAX, only the first run is visible, that is from L1 to L2. Everything else is gone. I open the DWG and everything is OK. It just doesn't appear in MAX.
I go back to the file, set multifloor to "none" and I copy/paste the stairs to L2,L3,L4 and this gives me the same thing as before (4 floors)
I export again, I link the file in MAX and everything is OK. Btw, I export to acad2004.

So, identical stairs, identical dwg files but when using multilevel it doesn't work in Max.

Has anyone experienced that?

ws
2007-04-20, 08:24 AM
Not exactly, but I was experimenting with IFC export yesterday and I notice certain elements disappeared during export. It looked like maybe curtain walling and one other type of wall.

...and yes, just checked, the stairs were not exported.

It was a 'clean' disappearance - i.e. not just bits but entire elements seem to have gone.

I wondered if they were elements generated by a formula or function with Revit (I'm new to all this and so that is just speculation) - but they were clean gone.

The 'site' also disappeared on export - not figured that one out yet either :?

The IFC export works extremely well - apart from the missing bits ;)

dpasa
2007-04-20, 10:40 AM
No formula, just the stairs command from the menu.Everything works OK if I use the second method, but this is strange.

rmejia
2007-04-20, 03:19 PM
Has anyone experienced that?Same thing happened to me. I checked the dwg in AutoCAD and it was all there, but once in VIZ, only the first run of the stairs would appear. Don't remember how I got around that one. Things disappear to me quite often when file linking. I mostly go back to the Revit file, delete the element, export to dwg and relink .... then I go back to Revit, undo the delete, re export to dwg, then relink the file in Viz and the element will reload. But the stairs disappearing I do not remember if this helped make it reappear. I also try exporting to 2000, 2004 and 2007 dwg format, sometimes 2000 works when 2007 makes elements disappear. The disappearances are random, so it's hard to track down why it happens when it happens.