PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring globally and uncostraining globally

WolffG
2004-07-19, 03:15 PM
Morning'

2 questions:

1. A client just called and needs a house project mirrored. I tried to find a way to do it all at once but couldn't, so I ended up mirroring it one level at a time which is a but of a pain.

2. I used the little push pin icon thingy at the upper right to freeze a level once the dimensions have bee set (otherwise it seems to be a bit of a **** shoot to control). But once in a while I need to unconstrain it. Is there a way to remove all constraints on a leve all at once?

Thanks.

sbrown
2004-07-19, 04:23 PM
As for number 1
go to a 3d view to select the whole model, then to each floor plan to get the annotations, then click mirror. You'll still have some cleanup but not awful.

SkiSouth
2004-07-19, 04:38 PM
Do a search for Mirror and you will find several threads. Per Scott Browns comments, be sure you draw a mirror axis in plan view to mirror about before going to your 3d mode (NOT a camera view) - Also, if you used reference planes, objects associate with a reference plane 90 degrees to your mirror axis WILL NOT mirror.

Its a known issue with the factory to be able to mirror. I can't remember which thread it was, but it seems there was a trick to mirroring just a view not the whole model.

Also remember you will have to copy your annotation .

steve.70285
2004-07-19, 04:47 PM
I've had to mirror projects also and have wished to for a global mirror command. The best I’ve come up with is this;
• save or backup project
• draw a reference plane in the middle of the project
• view the 3d model after turning all model elements "on"
• select entire model,
• go to each floor plan and select all 2-d objects by using control select so you do not lose the
selected information
• select mirror and deselect the mirror "copy"
• pick the reference plane as a mirror line
• once the object has mirrored read though the error messages to be sure the model is intact
• if you’re comfortable with the way the project has mirrored you may have to go into each view and
mirror lose ends with the same reference plan

If anyone has a better method, I'm all ears..

Scott D Davis
2004-07-19, 10:58 PM
What we need under the Edit Pull-down, is a "Select All" option that will select all 2D and 3D elements in a project, entirely.