PDA

View Full Version : revit arch color fill

scoe
2007-04-20, 05:46 PM
I just got around to upgrading from 9.1 to 2008. I see that color fills can now be applied to building sections, but I don't see how to do this. The only info in the "help" section describes adding a color scheme to a floor plan. I'm sure its a simple thing, but how do you apply the color scheme to a section?

thanks.

sbrown
2007-04-20, 07:42 PM
its a little misleading, what you can do is use solid fills set to transparent in sections. there is no automatic color fill tool.

archjake
2007-04-20, 10:46 PM
OMG!! Thats a bit more than a little misleading! Just when I thought there were some nice features added.

Teresa.Martin
2007-04-20, 11:36 PM
On the flip side, the Masking Tool is nice because it now reads through to Autocad without creating black (solid fill) squares all over your prints when your consultants print from Autocad.
Still, the filled regions transparent feature is kind of nice for sections and elevations..

sbrown
2007-04-22, 01:23 PM
Try it out(color fill) it actually works very nicely. Almost like photoshop, the lines of the fill hide behind the geometry but the color shows thru. It would be very hard to get automatic color fills in section unless you had volumes turned on and then the performance would be bad and you'd be left with white spaces where rooms weren't, ie soffits. So what I ask is to just automatically add the colors in our legend to fill patterns automatically so the same color we chose for our floor plans are available as solid patts.

patricks
2007-05-11, 01:00 PM
What about placing a transparent color-filled region in a site plan, say to indicate what areas fall under different phasing, is this possible? I told a co-worker yesterday that he would have to just do it in Illustrator or something like that.

sbrown
2007-05-11, 01:04 PM
It should work.

patricks
2007-05-11, 01:11 PM
ah yes you're right, awesome!! However my co-worker is still using 9.1 so I'll just tell him he has to upgrade if he wants to do it in Revit.

Martin P
2007-05-11, 02:48 PM
Dont know if it is just me or maybe just the file I was working in, but I found the colour fills displayed fine on the computer in Revit - but I could not get them to print correctly? even to PDF they still went behind furniture etc?? anyone else getting that or just me?

patricks
2007-05-11, 03:46 PM
well my co-worker tried it in 2008, and it still wasn't working as expected. He has a site plan and had the view set to Shading with Edges, and all his site floors (grass, paving, etc.) were set to solid fill surface pattern with different colors (green, gray, etc.). When he did a solid transparent filled region over a portion of the site to indicate what phase it would come under, the solid fill appeared to cover the green grass floor element, but it appeared to be behind (or under) the gray paving floor element. Both grass and paving are at the exact same level, and I've also never seen a filled region obscured by a model element. I didn't think that was possible. Any ideas?