PDA

View Full Version : Import Autocad "sheet"

Maximillian
2007-04-21, 01:05 AM
I was given an autocad file that I need to import into a Revit drafting view. However it was all done in AUTOCAD PAPERSPACE....

How can I get the paper space info imported to revit?

EDIT:

Also It has hatches on it if that matters

jamie.casile80054
2007-04-21, 01:38 AM
would it be possible to just "change space" in acad and then get it into revit?

-jamie

Maximillian
2007-04-21, 02:24 AM
i have been using Revit and am trying to forget any and all AUTOCAD... but it always seems to come back... I would love to know how to transfer it to model space...what command?

Thanks

jamie.casile80054
2007-04-21, 02:29 AM
oh, hope i'm not being too simplistic here.... but you open a viewport in ps - set the scale of the vp, and then type in the command line CHSPACE. grab what you want, and pick in the vp. everything changes space depending on the scale of the vp.
aloha,
jamie
note: in 2006 this is an express tool. actually, i think it may be in 2007 not as an express tool...
good luck!

Maximillian
2007-04-21, 02:35 AM
I will give it a shot..thank you

I have 2007 and i usually dont install express tools. I wonder if its there by default..

SkiSouth
2007-04-21, 11:55 AM
If the drawing was created in paperspace then it will not automatically go to model space. Simplest way would be to select all the drawing in paperspace, then select Edit->Copy, then switch to model space (type ms and hit enter), and then paste the copied drawings using Edit->Paste into model space. The other option is in paperspace type wblock (or w if your quickkeys are working) and then select the paperspace items you want, and then give the filename you wish the paperspace drawing to be named. Note: you cannot select items in paperspace and modelspace to save to file at the same time.

Man - hated paper space.

Brian Myers
2007-04-21, 02:44 PM
I will give it a shot..thank you

I have 2007 and i usually dont install express tools. I wonder if its there by default..

CHSPACE should do exactly what you want it to do and no, its no longer an express tool.
:beer:

Maximillian
2007-04-21, 07:36 PM
THANKS ALL!

Mr Spot
2007-04-23, 02:33 AM
Another option if you don't want any of the information that is currently in model space is to delete it. Revit will detect that there is nothing in model space and ask if you want to import from paperspace...

Maximillian
2007-04-23, 02:42 AM
That option seems the most elegant...Actually not using ACAD would probably be the best way if it was possible.