PDA

View Full Version : dimensioning in legend views

Revit User
2007-04-24, 10:50 AM
Hi everybody

I guess legend views have been created for a component representation in detail and to present something in detail on a sheet i used to dimension it
Does anyone knows how to dimension walls in legends?
If i take a particular wall and put it into a legend view there's no way how i can dimension it
same thing happens to some families whick have let's say top strong reference plane inside a family but i'm unable to snap dimension to that reference..

this is a very frustrating cause i need to draw that component from scrach in order to dimension it.. what's the use of a place component command if i cant dimention that component? who should I show it without dimentions applied?

thanks in advance for help//

Mike Sealander
2007-04-24, 12:32 PM
You can't dimension walls in Legends. It's frustrating.
You also can't tag windows and casework in a legend. I've started doing what I think a lot of other people do: create a phase called "Legends" and plop your walls, windows, and casework there.

Damo
2014-10-08, 03:55 PM
You can't dimension walls in Legends. It's frustrating. Is this still the case? This guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS697uT3lzg)seems to have done it, but I cannot figure out how.

dhurtubise
2014-10-09, 10:18 AM
We're given up on legends a long time ago unless it's plain dumb text. We use a Legend Phase instead