PDA

View Full Version : Slope Tags

jeff.95551
2007-04-25, 12:22 AM
In the "Give you an inch you want a Mile" category -
We're using the new variable thickness tool on some fairly complex rooftop pool decks (it works great!) and now that we've got them laid out and spot elevations in place, we realize that we need slope tags to prove to everybody that they work. Ideally, they would have an arrow that, like a weathervane, orients itself along the steepest part of the slope, and has a text component that lists the slope (in %, ideally). We were looking at how to make this, and even without the orienting slope arrow, calculating the max slope at a point is difficult. I understand it theoretically, but I don't think it can be done with the parameters available.

Any ideas?

davidcobi
2007-04-25, 03:09 AM
A slope reporting tool is becoming more necessary as time goes on.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=47617&highlight=slope+reporting+tool

I would probably use two spot dimensions and calculate the slope myself for now.

jeff.95551
2007-04-25, 05:36 AM
I guess I'm not the first to see the use for this. I bet with 2008 there will be more and more calls for this, since we can now deal with complex slope situations (and yes I'm still thrilled about that part!).

lev.lipkin
2007-04-25, 04:25 PM
We do understand the need and will try to respond to it in future releases. If you have examples of desired slope tags, please email me using private messages.