PDA

View Full Version : Array

craigr
2004-07-20, 01:40 PM
Is there a way to change the default for Array to be Polar instead of Rectangular and change the default for the 'Total number of items:' number that will be arrayed?

Thanks

Craig

Wanderer
2004-07-20, 02:27 PM
Is there a way to change the default for Array to be Polar instead of Rectangular and change the default for the 'Total number of items:' number that will be arrayed?

Thanks

Craig
I have no idea, but that would be really cool if you can!!! :-D

Hmm, does anyone know if there are system variables that control this one? (please say yes)

BrenBren
2004-07-20, 02:34 PM
Set it up in your template drawing. You actually have to do an array, but you can always just do one and then erase it. It will then save it that way. I do the same thing with qleader settings, and anything else that changes by drawing :)

Wanderer
2004-07-20, 02:39 PM
Set it up in your template drawing. You actually have to do an array, but you can always just do one and then erase it. It will then save it that way. I do the same thing with qleader settings, and anything else that changes by drawing :)
Wow, you rock. :Puffy: That will help me, I am setting up a new template drawing right now.

Craig, will this tip have any benefit for you?

BrenBren
2004-07-20, 02:52 PM
Wow, you rock. :Puffy:
Craig, will this tip have any benefit for you?
Gee thanks :) I'm gonna tell that to my son, who thinks I am very uncool :)

craigr
2004-07-20, 04:32 PM
Yes this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Brenda.

Craig

craigr
2004-07-20, 04:58 PM
Maybe I spoke it to soon.

I made the change to my dwt file and it works while I'm still in that session of cad. When I close cad and reopen a new session, the change I made to the dwt is gone and it is back to the default of rectangular.

Am I missing something?

Craig

BrenBren
2004-07-20, 05:06 PM
hmmm.. does the same thing on mine too. rats. hmmm.. sorry. I thought I had it. Guess it's true. I don't rock :(

Wanderer
2004-07-20, 05:11 PM
hmmm.. does the same thing on mine too. rats. hmmm.. sorry. I thought I had it. Guess it's true. I don't rock :(
I'm just devastated, that would have been really handy.
Sorry, Brenda, I am now going to take back every reputation point you've been given. :razz: