PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Schedule

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-04-25, 11:06 PM
I am trying to schedule several generic 'blocks' that I've made to resemble equipment. I made them all under specialty equipment. I can get them to schedule, but how do I make two of the exact same thing count as two? For instance, I have an anesthetic cart in several spots and if I copy one it names it, for example Cart1 instead of Cart like the original. So Revit thinks there are two different carts when in reality they are the same. So, in the schedule, it shows them as seperate line items. Is there a way to copy equipment so that it counts multiples of the same ?

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-04-25, 11:09 PM
Just to clarify further, I have the schedule set to not itemize every instance. It appears that the family name is what is adding a number for each piece of equipment copied. They are all cart, but then Cart1, Cart2 and so forth. Can I get the sched to not read the families?

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-04-26, 02:00 PM
Or maybe there is a way to get the type names, regardless of family name, to consolidate in the schedule? Any ideas?

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-04-26, 02:22 PM
Ok, I figured it out - seems easy now. I was creating in-place families and that was the problem. Thanks for letting me use AUGI to work this out in my head, out loud. LOL.

DaveP
2007-04-26, 02:23 PM
How are you creating these Families?

If you're getting Cart1, Cart2, Cart3, it sounds to me like you made an In-Place family.
When In-Place Families are copied, you get a different name.
Re-create the family as a separate RFA and load it into your project.

BTW, Badger fan; Where you from? I'm from Manitowoc.

DaveP
2007-04-26, 02:25 PM
Dang!

If only I hadn't gotten that phone call, I would have posted before you!

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-04-26, 02:40 PM
Thanks for taking the time to help - I appreciate it. I told my boss custom equipment could be scheduled - even though I hadn't actually done it yet - and when it didn't work out exactly the way I thought, I grew kind of impatient.

I'm from Milwaukee, originally, moved out here to Fort Collins in December. I don't miss Wisconsin that much (although I do miss Wrigley Field a lot) but I will forever be a Badger fan.