PDA

View Full Version : Where have my walls gone??

sstewart.121399
2007-04-26, 04:09 AM
I opened a recently completed model to find that a bunch of walls had disappeared. I seem to recall this happening to another user...

They were mostly curtain walls if the team recalls correctly.
I am pretty certain it is not a visibility thing (never say never), and oddly they are also missing from all the backup files.

What's going on? Anyone?
ps. I am still in v9, awaiting updates.

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-26, 04:16 AM
Welcome to the board!

It would be easier to help you out with some more information...

Worksets enabled? Phasing enabled? If yes to either one, check there. Backup files have them missing too? Are you sure whoever put the walls in wasnt working in another file, or didnt accidentally save AS somewhere else?

Maybe go back to the workstation that completed it and see if its still in the recent doc list (if it was REALLY recent), and see where it pulls from?

Posting the file (or a slimmed down version of it) may make it easier to see (or not see) whats missing... :)

sstewart.121399
2007-04-26, 05:06 AM
Thanks, it's good to be here! This is the first real trouble Revit has given me...

Worksets and phasing:yes, but I can't find a problem.
We are in the process of modeling a campus of existing buildings, so all files are set up to a common standard, there is only one person modeling the building straight into the central file over two or three days and then it is filed away safely for later use. There isn't much room for human error.
We all remember seeing a 3D printout of the completed building (complete with these missing walls!)

Oh, and the roof is missing also.

I will try and get the file to attach...

dbaldacchino
2007-04-26, 05:32 AM
Make sure all worksets are visibile in the view and that there are no filters applied. I would check in a 3D view just in case levels have been moved around.

clog boy
2007-04-26, 09:54 AM
Also check back with whomever first noticed the walls were missing, and the dude who've been working on it before then. Not that I'm blaming anyone, detail items and such are known (at least to me) to 'shift' at times.

Now that we're on the topic of curtain walls, are there round edges on any of them, or in windows? If so, do you also need to bring the glass to the front in order to get it visible on sheet? No hijack intended.