PDA

View Full Version : Floor Slab Edge on Warped Floors

chriscooper
2007-04-26, 06:38 AM
I am very happy that Revit Architecture has floors with multiple points in them. This will certainly change the way I have been doing things.

My next thought was, can I place a Floor Slab Edge on it but from my trial and error approach to this, you can only apply the slab edge on it if it is level.

This is for modelling kerbs in carparks.

Am I correct in my assumption that this is not supported

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-04-26, 09:15 AM
You can't do it using a host sweep but you can do it using an in place sweep. Use the pick tool to select the slab edge as your path and then sketch or assign the correct profile. There will be some limitations but it should work for most cases.

dhurtubise
2007-04-26, 10:22 AM
You can add the slab edge and them wap the slab but the edges won't follow the slabs. So like Dimitri says you need an in place family

dpasa
2007-04-26, 02:57 PM
Again workarounds...
What about schedules? Can't have them in a slab edge schedule, correct?

I keep thinking that the future of an application of this kind, is to have the set of commands that Revit has, but also to be a powerful generic modeler with the ability to categorise everything the user creates... For example, we make a boolean solid and we name it as a floor, we are then capable of assigning construction layers (core, finishes etc) and we can schedule it etc.
The same with fascias, slab edges, roofs etc.
Limitations will always exist but we will be far better than today.

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-26, 04:09 PM
I like it...
I like it alot...