PDA

View Full Version : Sheet size: autodetect?

clog boy
2007-04-26, 07:10 AM
Hi. Let's assume Revit is a smart and intelligent program, which interprets data the way I input it. Let's also assume my sheets have the right standard size, and have multiple sizes (types) in the same family.

One thing in Revit is causing exceptional loss of time, and that is printing sheets of different sizes. Since we're exporting to digital standards anyway (jpg, pdf, dwf) wouldn't it be truly smart if we could export, let's say, four sheets of two different sizes as one batch, while Revit auto-detects the corresponding sheet size? If we'd want to export those four sheets (floorplans size A4, elevations size A3) to one dwf file on their own corresponding sheet sizes, how would I do that?

Feedback appreciated.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-04-26, 09:04 AM
The only way to do this is to export/print all the drawings of each sheet size and then merge them into a single file using Design Review or Acrobat. Revit does help by allowing to batch plot quite easily.
This has never been a problem for me since I don't tend to mix sheet sizes within a single drawing package.
If I might ask, why the need to have a variety of sheet sizes in the same drawing package?

clog boy
2007-04-26, 09:12 AM
It's at the contractor's request. He wants all (2 or 3) floor plans scale 1:100 next to each other on an A4 sheet (yes, people actually rent houses of that size) and all relevant elevation and section views on an A3 sheet (same scale).
I uploaded a sample.pdf, in an attempt to illustrate what we're dealing with. I chose to have all sheets print on A3 size, full scale, centered. This is the only way I can come up with to have all sheets in one dwf file, print them to pdf from there (one file) and still have them the right scale. Reason: they're gonna print from the dwf file as well, and printing from DWF viewer is easier than from Revit.
This effectively shortens my production span, because I'll have a trainee make the pdf files from Design Review (formerly known as DWF viewer).

Thoughts/recommendations/flaming etc appreciated