PDA

View Full Version : Gym render

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 02:20 AM
Hello everyone, heres a render i done for my architectural course. We had to design a gym, this is looking up though the entry to the 1st floor.
Comments welcome, criticism not so welcome but ill accept it ;) JOKES! its welcome to!

Oh yeah, i used ADT 07 to model and Viz Render 07 to render. Bryce 5 3D for the sky, not that you can see much of

stelthorst
2007-04-27, 02:54 AM
Nice Job! :)

I love the reflection of the sky on the lower left window. The only thing that looks a little weird to me is the entry door in the center looks like it's hovering about 3" off the ground but I think it's just the camera angle.

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 03:10 AM
Haha cheers yeah i love the skies that bryce produces!

Yeah i think thats because of the slab had a dark material on it, looks a little weird. I would like to post the rest of them but i have lost all on my work from my course :mad: :cry: if i find them i will post them

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 03:26 AM
Here is another project we had to do, this is the coversheet, as i said i only have a few bits and pieces that i have found so far.

Steve_Bennett
2007-04-27, 04:08 AM
Alright! Another Bryce user! That reminds me, I have an image to go post in the max/viz gallery...

Great job and thanks for contributing to the gallery here!

:beer:

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 04:10 AM
Cheers Steve!

O yes Bryce 3D's a great program! I take it you use it aswell? Care to share lol?

Steve_Bennett
2007-04-27, 04:14 AM
Cheers Steve!

O yes Bryce 3D's a great program! I take it you use it aswell? Care to share lol?I just did...
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=693352

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 04:16 AM
Found just be you posted. What is Bryce 6 like? much different? Is there a way to import ADT objects into Bryce? I only manage to get bits and pieces windows mostly lol

Steve_Bennett
2007-04-27, 04:42 AM
Found just be you posted. What is Bryce 6 like? much different? Is there a way to import ADT objects into Bryce? I only manage to get bits and pieces windows mostly lolI had "issues" getting the max model into Bryce despite there being an import option for MAX files - I can't imagine trying to bring in a file from ADT. I ended up exporting from MAX a Wavefront *.obj file and importing it into Bryce. You might try a similar method, however your options with VIZR will be rather limited.

I got started with Bryce 1.0 and went to 2.0 and went dormant for a while. So I jumped from 2.0 to 6.0. When I went dormant, there was no sky lab. I am in heaven (literally) with the sky lab now. However, one thing that I'm having trouble with is grasping the boat loads of new presets. Almost like there is too much, but when I had 2.0 there wasn't enough. I suppose as I use it more I will become at home again, but right now I'm in techno overload with the program and that's why I mentioned I'm not that happy with the current picture I posted.

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 04:46 AM
Love the sky lab! Some of the scence are really beautiful (even for a render computer image)

By presents do you mean in the sky lab or the whole program? I quite often just play around with spheres and create really random images with crazy reflections :mrgreen:

Steve_Bennett
2007-04-27, 04:53 AM
Love the sky lab! Some of the scence are really beautiful (even for a render computer image)

By presents do you mean in the sky lab or the whole program? I quite often just play around with spheres and create really random images with crazy reflections :mrgreen:I mean the whole thing. there are tons of presets for materials, terrains, environments, etc...

I got the expansion pack too, so I suppose that wasn't too bright of an idea now that I think about it.

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 05:01 AM
Haha nar gota have options! 5 is pretty good, think its lacking in materials though. And preset shapes

Steve_Bennett
2007-04-27, 05:07 AM
Haha nar gota have options! 5 is pretty good, think its lacking in materials though. And preset shapesWhat I would like is to figure out a way to export the environment settings to MAX and then use mental ray to render...

Mr Cory
2007-04-27, 05:19 AM
Even exporting the materials and have a program that can use them

Mr Cory
2007-04-29, 11:00 PM
Managed to find another render of the gym on my pen drive. Again i used this image of the front of my project. I printed the floor plan to jpg and over layout in in photoshop with a blend of about 50%

Mr Cory
2007-04-29, 11:06 PM
Youll have to excuse the colour bleed around the floor plan, dam jpg format :banghead:

david_peterson
2007-04-30, 04:53 AM
I love the concept of the overlayed floor plan. I actually like the softer feel of the other overlay on the previous page. Great Job.

Mr Cory
2007-04-30, 04:59 AM
I must have blended them different amounts. Haha yeah they came up pretty good, i got a few dead arms for my efforts as everyone was jeolous lol

Mr Cory
2007-06-17, 11:41 PM
YES I FOUND THEM! YEESS!!

Mr Cory
2007-06-17, 11:43 PM
The one on the far right i was playing around with the live section function in ADT so i done a quick render within ADT