PDA

View Full Version : Can't rotate a dependant view's crop region?

kurk
2007-04-27, 02:49 AM
I can't seem to rotate a dependant view's crop region on my sheets, or the parent view that has these dependants for that matter. All other views without dependants rotate fine.

I'm not sure if I am using the dependant views the way they were intended but I have a site model of a subdivision with 14 Lots dotted around the site. Under my main site view I have created dependant views of each Lot and adjusted each crop region to suit before dragging them onto a sheet.

My problem is that some of the Lots are more vertical to north and others more horizontal. I was simply going to rotate crop regions and subsequent north symbol on the sheet but cannot seem to do this.

Any ideas? I love the idea of this new dependant view feature as it has the potential to clean up the project browser nicely...

Cheers
kurk

dbaldacchino
2007-04-27, 03:19 AM
I tried on the Beta version and I can rotate crop regions of dependant views just fine, even independent from each other.

kurk
2007-04-27, 03:33 AM
Thanks David, maybe I am doing something wrong but my rotate command is grayed out when I activate the view on the sheet then select the crop region. It does the same in the actual view.

However trying the same procedures in a normal view (without any dependants) the command is active and works fine.

Maybe they changed something from the Beta version??? :?

Scott D Davis
2007-04-27, 03:24 PM
try going to the parent view of the dependant views. you should see the crop regions there. Select and rotate the crop region. it is possible, as I just demostrated this technique as part of Autodesk's Tech Camp, where we educate our resellers about the new features.

dfriesen
2007-04-27, 06:56 PM
Thanks David, maybe I am doing something wrong but my rotate command is grayed out when I activate the view on the sheet then select the crop region. It does the same in the actual view.

However trying the same procedures in a normal view (without any dependants) the command is active and works fine.Is the view orientation set to "True North"? Change it to Project North, and it should work - I ran into that this very morning.

dbaldacchino
2007-04-28, 03:22 PM
Nice catch Daniel!

kurk
2007-04-30, 12:05 AM
Thanks Daniel, that was indeed the problem.

This dependant view feature is proving extremely useful straight away which is great.

Cheers
kurk

Reluctant Nomad
2018-09-12, 09:29 AM
Is the view orientation set to "True North"? Change it to Project North, and it should work - I ran into that this very morning.

11 years later - still not corrected. Ran into this yesterday and today, albeit I am only running 2016 still...