PDA

View Full Version : Override detail Component Pattern

sfaust
2007-04-27, 04:10 PM
All,

With 2008 individual element overrides, I can override the color of a detail component to gray to show it as existing, great. I also would like to turn off the pattern for some detail components (CMU block for example, I would like to show just a gray outline with no hatches).

When I override the graphics of the element, I get an option for projection lines and an option for surface patterns. Projection lines seems to work fine, but surface patterns seems to do nothing at all. Can anyone confirm this, or tell me how I can turn off the patterns?

Thanks,
Steve

muttlieb
2007-04-27, 04:32 PM
Do you mean that the check box for 'Visible' under the Surface Patterns category in the element overrides box is not working for you?

Edit: I see now what you mean. The Surface pattern override does not seem to work for detail components.

sfaust
2007-04-27, 04:49 PM
Yes, that's what I mean. I also can't get the color or pattern overrides to work for the surface pattern.

muttlieb
2007-04-27, 07:03 PM
FYI, I filed a support request on this issue and was notified it has been escalated to development for further investigation...