PDA

View Full Version : Installation of 2005

martyk
2004-07-20, 06:29 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to submit this request, but here goes. We are in the process of upgrading to AutoCad and LandDesktop 2005. An issue we are having is we have to disable our virus checker in order to do an install. This is not a preferred way of doing an installation here. Have any others out there come across this problem, and how have you solved it? Thanks!!

BrenBren
2004-07-20, 06:36 PM
Most software asks you to turn off everything you are running when you install - it has something to do with sharing common files.

That being said, we cannot disable our virus checker here, it has to be done by IT at our company headquarters, and they pretty much ignore our small little sattelite office. I have recently installed 2005, and have not had any problems. We are running McAfee, if that helps.

mjfarrell
2004-07-20, 06:37 PM
Are you doing a network deployment of the installation
and what brand and version virus checker are you using?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2894031&linkID=2475323

martyk
2004-07-21, 05:34 PM
Just so you know, I am not part of our IS group so I am asking them and just forwarding it on. What I am told is we have Norton Server with Symantec Release 9. We are running Windows 2000 with service pack 4. We are also doing a network installation where the program and all pertinant files are pushed out to the individual workstations. I don't remember having this problem when we installed 2002. Thanks for any input!