PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Overide Bug in perspective view

Teresa.Martin
2007-04-28, 06:50 PM
Hi fellow Reviteers!
I have a question to pose. When doing a graphics override in perspective (camera view) on a wall, I get a solid hatch no matter what hatch pattern I choose. I do not get this behavior in a regular 3d view, only in the perspective/camera views. I have replicated the behavior in Revit Structure 2008 as well. Is anyone else getting this behavior? I suppose I am wondering if it is machine specific or a software issue.
Best regards,

iru69
2007-04-28, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure the issue is directly related to overrides.

Forgetting about the graphic overrides for a second, if you draw a generic wall and assign its material a surface drafting pattern and then take a camera shot - I'm guessing you get the same results?

This was the same behavior in previous versions. Revit doesn't seem to know what to do with drafting patterns in "perspective" view.

dbaldacchino
2007-04-28, 08:26 PM
I believe it's because of how it scales the drafting pattern....I think if you zoom in real close, you'll see the pattern? Not sure but if I recall, this came up during the beta test, and is a good reason for the factory to implement the ability to override with model patterns instead of just drafting ones. After all, this override was done on the surface of a model element, wasn't it? ;)

ws
2007-04-29, 10:41 AM
Is this the same issue?
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=59001&highlight=perspective

Teresa.Martin
2007-04-30, 04:20 AM
Yes! I did not see it posted before. Thanks!