PDA

View Full Version : Can't select stair boundary

Chad Smith
2007-04-30, 06:41 AM
Another issue I have noticed with 2008 is that I can't select the boundaries of stairs with the room Color Fill on when on the level at the top of the stairs. It's as though the Color Fill boundary overlaps the stairs.

The only way I have found is to turn the Color Fill off, do what I need to do, and then turn Color Fill back on.

zanzibarbob7
2007-04-30, 11:41 AM
Chad,

I can't duplicate the problem. I am able to select stair boundaries with either the color fill on or off. 2008 seems to work fine.

Chad Smith
2007-04-30, 10:27 PM
Just found out that this only happens when on a view which is at the top of the stairs. The view at the bottom of the stairs is fine.

clog boy
2007-05-01, 08:05 AM
I think it's either b/c stairs show below the bottom cut plane, or b/c floors are turned off but still there. It's anoying, but also the most logical thing I can come up with.

Chad Smith
2007-05-02, 11:56 PM
Well, here is the Autodesk reply;

Our development team has researched the issue(s) outlined in your Support Request and found that the functionality of the snaps to stair when the color fill region is working as designed. According to them the code that they have developed is set to differentiate between the ability to snap to a stair component between background and foreground color fills.Why would you do it this way? According to Autodesk if we have the Color Fill set to Background and we want to work with/around stairs, we should set Color Fills to Foreground, make the changes, and then change it back. Hmmm :roll:

Chad Smith
2007-05-24, 11:04 PM
According to the developers through support, this functionality is designed this way. Go figure :roll: