PDA

View Full Version : rotating a project

tect75
2007-04-30, 08:10 PM
i just finished a project's present conditions and realized i drew it upside down. we like to orient the front door down on the page. obviously i have it facing up. is there a way to rotate the project 180 degrees and have all objects rotate. i tried plain rotate buy picking everything on the site plan. worked i guess but all my viewports needed to be reset. i'm hoping there is a way to do this. i looked but i dont think i am searching for the correct terms.

carlosb.101393
2007-04-30, 08:46 PM
I guess one option could be to change the orientation property of each floor plan view form project north to true north then just you need under tools-project position/orientation-rotate true north and then rotate 180 degrees.

SCShell
2007-05-01, 12:32 PM
Hey there,

One other way is to simply have the crop region visible, and then rotate the crop region.
(Nice and quick work around)

Good Luck
Steve

Michelle Gibson
2007-10-12, 06:07 PM
Hi to All

I have managed to draw my entire building with true north to the right instead of at the top of the page. I need to do a solar study and can't seem to get the project or project north to rotate to make it work correctly. The building is long in the north/south axis, so I need to have it with north on the right hand side.

I tried the crop region suggestion above, but there is no ability to use the rotate command to turn it 90 degrees.

This should be really simple but no one in our office seems to be able to solve it. I tried rotating true north under tools but that only changed the plans and nothing else. If that is the way to do it, I will have to go to each view and change it, correct? Will this occur each time I cut a new level?

Somewhat frustrated over what should be easy to accomplish...

thanks?

jcoe
2007-10-12, 08:56 PM
Hi to All

I have managed to draw my entire building with true north to the right instead of at the top of the page. I need to do a solar study and can't seem to get the project or project north to rotate to make it work correctly. The building is long in the north/south axis, so I need to have it with north on the right hand side.

I tried the crop region suggestion above, but there is no ability to use the rotate command to turn it 90 degrees.

This should be really simple but no one in our office seems to be able to solve it. I tried rotating true north under tools but that only changed the plans and nothing else. If that is the way to do it, I will have to go to each view and change it, correct? Will this occur each time I cut a new level?

Somewhat frustrated over what should be easy to accomplish...

thanks?

For this one I believe you will need to manually change your solar orientation. This will change the solar orientation regardless of building location and true north. I cannot say how it might impact a solar study where you need to see how shade and shadow impacts the building over a period of time.