PDA

View Full Version : View specific scaling

JTF
2003-05-05, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to have level or section heads in a drawing scaled differently.

The problem: I would like to be able to have in my elevations which are at a 1/8" scale a certain size level head. Then in a cross section have the level head a different size.

I can't or do not know how to have them at different sizes at different scales.

For when I have them looking good at the 1/8" scale in elevation and change them in section view to look good at 1/2" scale only to go back to elevation and having them change to the larger size as in my section view. And vise versa.

Thanks in-advance.

Scott D Davis
2003-05-05, 01:10 AM
Level heads are scale dependent. They are designed to display at the same size on a sheet whether they are 1/2 or 1/4 or any other scale. Basically, they are always the same size, but appear smaller or larger depending on the scale.
I think the standard level head always prints on a sheet with a 1/2" diameter circle for the head.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-05, 03:31 AM
It's possible now in 5.1. They have made level and grid heads based upon a family. So you can create two different families for your level heads. Then in your project template set up two different styles for levels and apply the different level heads to each. Check out the help files to set them up. You've got to start a new family and use the level head template they supplied with the 5.1 content.

HTH

Scott D Davis
2003-05-05, 03:36 PM
uhhhhh....yeah, i forgot about that new feature in 5.1!