PDA

View Full Version : Half-walls in RCP

joe.138576
2007-05-01, 01:43 AM
Since I have set my cut plane in RCP low enough to catch wall switches (it is also lighting and switching plan), half walls show up also. Is there any characteristic I can control to allow me to treat them as different from full-height walls, and thus turn them off in RCP?

ron.sanpedro
2007-05-01, 04:38 AM
Since I have set my cut plane in RCP low enough to catch wall switches (it is also lighting and switching plan), half walls show up also. Is there any characteristic I can control to allow me to treat them as different from full-height walls, and thus turn them off in RCP?

Rather than lowering the cut plane, add an <Invisible> model line to the switch family, that projects up a few feet. Now part of the "switch" will cross the cut plane of the RCP, and the switches will show up. Unfortunately, I don't think this works in reverse, for getting an emergency exit sign to show up in a Fire & Life Safety plan, for example. Bummer! ;)

Gordon

Steve_Stafford
2007-05-01, 06:55 AM
You could consider overlaying views on sheets. Set up your RCP to show everything looking up. Set up a second view of the same area but in plan, looking down and showing your switches etc. Turn off all the categories but those you want to see. Now put both views on your sheet.

As long as they are at the same scale they will align perfectly, Revit will show you a horizontal and vertical green dashed line when they do. Assign the special switch plan to a viewport that uses no title or line and it will "blend" in nicely. Revit plan views can't look both up and down at the same time so overlaying views is a way to get both.