PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Painted Surfaces??

Firmso
2007-05-01, 04:27 AM
Hi, is it possible to schedule all painted surfaces, (walls, ceiling, etc.) showing Area in one swoop?

Thanks in advance

davidcobi
2007-05-01, 06:48 AM
Painted surfaces have a material thickness of 0'-0" but so do membrane layers in walls, roofs, floors, and ceilings. If you setup the proper standards you should be able to do a material takeoff schedule for materials of zero thickness and just filter out membrane layers.

clog boy
2007-05-01, 07:37 AM
Also note that finishes can be set in rooms: floor finish, wall finish, ceiling finish. The areas can be scheduled, and the perimeter (total wall length) for that room too. Perimeter * height = wall area. (edited 8:32, Thanks NIKI)

It would help to determine what windows are in that room, not only to remove them from the total wall area, but also to calculate daylight entry in relation to floor area. But I'm getting carried away here.

Floor finishes and wall finishes can also be added as floors and walls on top of their hosts, and joined to duplicate openings etc. These are not scheduled in rooms, but in their respective categories. I wouldn't recommend to cross-schedule between room finishes and actual physical finish layers. The plus to physical finish layers is they also show up in floor plans and elevation views (if they have the right surface patern).

Just my $0.02

niki_funky
2007-05-01, 08:07 AM
Perimeter * area = wall area
I think the result will be the VOLUME of that room, not the area of walls.

best regards
niki