PDA

View Full Version : SECTION TAG

shenderson
2007-05-01, 03:08 PM
we've created a wall section using a section tag and then used callouts in the wall section to create section details at the coping, floor lines etc. now i need to show a section tag on the roof plan that references the coping detail callout in the wall section. how do i do this? if i reference another detail the tag will read 'SIM' so i need to reference THE detail.

also i've got a wall section tag that shows up in my enlarged plans but i cannot get ahold of it in the overall plans to use the 'hide/show' annotation.

shenderson
2007-05-01, 04:47 PM
ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

shenderson
2007-05-08, 03:05 PM
HELLO?

ARE PEOPLE JUST DRAFTING IN 'DUMB TAGS' IN THIS SITUATION?

William Troeak
2007-05-08, 03:22 PM
What I typically do is reference another detail, and remove the "sim" from the detail call out. If I do have any details that are "sim" then I will go through with text and add it in.
As far as the section call-out I am not sure why it is not selectable.

Hope this helps.

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-08, 03:23 PM
We are using the Reference Other Detail, and removing the SIM from it. If you go to the properties of the SIM tag, and hit Edit/New, there is a Field with SIM. typed in, and you can remove it.

Be warned though, it will remove the SIM from ALL of your similar tags...

patricks
2007-05-08, 03:26 PM
also i've got a wall section tag that shows up in my enlarged plans but i cannot get ahold of it in the overall plans to use the 'hide/show' annotation.

Check the Hide At Scales Coarser Than parameter for the section view and it set it lower. Then it should appear in your overall plans. But beware, ALL your sections (of that particular type) will now show up. If you have lots of them you'll have to go through and hide all the ones you don't want to see.