PDA

View Full Version : Project Browser

ford347
2007-05-01, 08:26 PM
Hey, have you always been able to move the project browser outside of the revit screen?? I thought this had to stay within the application because revit did not support dual screens?? I'm on RAC 2008 and just accidently hit something that made the project browser break down, so I tried dragging out of Revit on my second screen and it worked?! Have I just been missing this the entire time or is this new to 2008......COOL. If I missed this I feel stupid~!

Josh

sfaust
2007-05-01, 08:42 PM
I'm pretty sure you've always been able to drag it to make it floating, but I only have 1 screen so I'm not sure about the other part...

aaronrumple
2007-05-01, 09:07 PM
But it doesn't stay over there....

patricks
2007-05-01, 09:13 PM
Yes the project browser has always been this way, at least for the past couple of years since I started using dual screens. But as Aaron said, it won't stay there if you close the file and then open another file, or when you close and then open Revit again.

Calvn_Swing
2007-05-01, 09:58 PM
Also,

Many people have experienced unusual behavior when using Revit with dual screens. I know personally I had some fun with the Options bar expanding vertically instead of horizontally when I was using Revit with two screens. I was attempting to use it with two differently sized screens, which may have been part of the problem (the error occurred when part of the Revit window was outside the boundaries of the smaller screen).

Still, if you notice any strange errors, try going back to one screen and see if that fixes it. If not, keep Reviting in dual screen glory. I have this little 8 inch touch screen that I'd love to hook up to my workstation and put some Revit functions on. I'd love to have my design bar and browser not on my modeling screen. But, I'd need to really modify the UI, and make some other changes to have that work, and we can't edit these things with Revit. Come on API, you're getting better every day, but I want SO much more...