PDA

View Full Version : Schedule via "Schedule Keys"

saeborne
2007-05-01, 09:36 PM
We have been using several schedules by inputting through the "Schedule Keys" method. What I mean is, when you create a new schedule, you select "Schedule keys" as opposed to "Schedule building components," see attached for an example.

We find these schedules useful for organizing information such as Hardware Sets, MEP Sheet titles, Finish Schedules... Anything which is pure text, and not model/object related.

Here is my conundrum... After I've created a good hardware schedule, I can't figure out how to move it from one project to the next. More over I can't figure out how to duplicate or copy the data within it.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks.

Sae

Steve_Stafford
2007-05-01, 09:46 PM
Put it on a sheet, copy the schedule to clip board and then paste on to another sheet in the project template or another project.

Calvn_Swing
2007-05-01, 09:50 PM
Not that it helps at this point, but we've set up our hardware schedule as a schedule key in the past by creating it in our template file. We haven't tried to migrate the actual information from project to project because we have little repetition in this area.

We are currently looking at creating "dummy" families to hold this information instead, and in this case you can at least migrate the "families" easily. Our intention is to create the families with little to no geometry and then have these nested into our door families as shared families. Thus, any "hardware" families become available in the type selector for the door family.

There is one major drawback in that you can't create a new family type, and have to use what Revit has provided us. Thus, if you choose to make these families "door" families then you can also erroneously place a panel or a frame in the slot that is supposed to be for hardware. (If you do it right, you'll get an error when you try this, but it is still annoying.) I wish we could restrict the Type selector to family subcategories instead of the family category. Or, that we could make a new category as needed.

On the upside, as more and more manufacturer content comes out, we can nest manufacturer created content into these hardware families and only have the information we want coming into the project file.

In terms of copying the schedule key schedules, I'd search this forum for more info about it. I know you can copy schedules, but perhaps schedule key schedules have some restriction that prevents them from being copied.

Good luck!

(And Steve beats me to the post, and gives a better answer...)

saeborne
2007-05-01, 09:54 PM
Put it on a sheet, copy the schedule to clip board and then paste on to another sheet in the project template or another project.

OMG!!! That totally worked. Thank you!!!