PDA

View Full Version : Area plans and walls below

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-02, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if this has been already covered - I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I have a 2nd floor area plan that has the view depth set to 1st level so that I can see the roof below. When I do this the walls on the first floor show up even though my color fills for the area scheme are set to solid and 'foreground'. Is there any way to get them to be hidden by the color fills without having to select them and choose hide in view? I mean, that is alternative that could work, but a messy workaround that I would like to avoid.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-02, 04:18 PM
After further investigation, it seems as though the floors go transparent when a color scheme is applied and I can't find a way to get around it - can anyone else confirm this?

rodneyf
2007-05-02, 04:51 PM
What I do to get my roofs from a lower level to show up is use a plan region around the the roof in question and then I don't have to worry about walls from below showing up. Now sometimes I have to go in and clean up a little around the roof but it seems to work faster for me and then I can move on to other things. Hope that helps.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-02, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I think that will be the best solution for now. Although I'm still curious as to why the floors turn transparent when you have a color scheme applied. It seems odd, but I'm sure there is some reason behind it.

Thanks again!

dredhead84640
2007-05-09, 09:57 PM
I confirm that this is happeneing with color fills and view depth.

LOL! Looks like Autodesk threw this in as a quick fix since floors were covering color schemes in all previous versions.

Very annoying.