PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with linked Revit files

jaroguy
2007-05-02, 03:20 PM
I am working on a project and we are using Revit Building 9.1 and Revit Structure 4. The Architectural Revit model has worksharing enabled (Central and local files) for multiple users but the Structural Revit model does not have worksharing enabled. There is only one person working on it in Structure so we figured why make a central and local file. It has been working fine up to this point. Now when Structural tries to save their model they get this warning (see attached file). There should not have been any changes to the shared coordinates like the message reads. And Structural is not using worksharing so they cannot save to central. Has anyone see this message before and does anyone know how to fix the problem? Thanks

Jason

shruti.harve
2007-05-02, 06:12 PM
Hi Jaroguy,
Are you able to save if you unload the Revit Architecture link ? I am assuming that you are linking the 'original' Revit Architecture central file or is it a copy of the central file? If its a copy, have you 'detached' it from central?

Shruti Harve-Ideate
www.ideateinc.com

jaroguy
2007-05-02, 06:17 PM
The structural file will save after you click the ok button, but that message will come up each time I save. And yes, I am linking the architectural central file, not a local.

jaroguy
2007-05-03, 04:25 PM
I have contacted Autodesk about this issue and this was the response that I received:

Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support.

This is a known issue that has been reported to development that was scheduled to be addressed in the 2008 Revit Products. I would recommend that you upgrade to 2008. Please let me know if you have any other question or issues in regards to this case.

Doesn't really help me out much. I'll have to live with it for now.