PDA

View Full Version : Phase, material and structural columns

ron.sanpedro
2007-05-02, 05:15 PM
I have a project with some existing structural columns, phasing set up to use Phase-exst as the existing material. But all the structural columns show black concrete hatch. I have also tried doing a graphic override in the view, by object and by category, with the Cut Material simply not visible. No go, structural columns still show up wrong.
Is this a known bug? One with a workaround? Something odd that I should upload here, or as an SR for the Factory?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gordon

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-02, 05:17 PM
I have never gotten the Phase Override to work with a cut pattern or a surface pattern either. I dont believe it does, yet. Hopefully soon.

Its worrisome having to make a Roof-Demo "type" so it hatches properly...

ron.sanpedro
2007-05-02, 05:20 PM
So what have you done? Create separate column families with no cut material for existing? Sure seems like an embarrassing answer for the Factory, but I don't see any way around it at this point.
The really crazy thing is that another column that uses the exact same family, that is abutting an existing wall and only extending thru the parking levels looks right, while a column that is abuting a new wall and extending thru the main building levels shows up wrong. When I copy the "right" column off into space, no abutting existing walls, it breaks! But these are Structural columns, which SHOULD NOT inherit anything from a wall, like an Architectural Column does. But they should be affected by the phase filter! Pretty atrocious bug, it would seem. I think I will post this as an SR, as this is just broken beyond words if it really behaves as it seems.

Thanks,
Gordon