PDA

View Full Version : Best Practice - Site Plan & color fills

Maximillian
2007-05-02, 07:28 PM
On my site plans I show the color fill or pattern for the building footprint as grey, porch as hatch, and pavement as dotted.

How are you handling fills like this on the site plan parametrically?

My goal is to use the area plans color fill/pattern show on my site plan with the legend???

I tried changing the floor pattern but the slab in a residential garage does not occupy the full area.

Any advice would be great......

dhurtubise
2007-05-03, 09:23 AM
Export to DWG and use Impression, fast efficient and cheap.

mibzim
2007-05-03, 12:21 PM
Could you not place rooms outside the building using room separator lines, and add a parameter to rooms in order to control the color fill tool they way you need to?

Maximillian
2007-05-03, 06:42 PM
I was going to use rooms but I was hoping there was a non-workaround way to do it. If I use rooms it will also mess up my schedules.

dfriesen
2007-05-03, 09:29 PM
I was going to use rooms but I was hoping there was a non-workaround way to do it. If I use rooms it will also mess up my schedules.Filtering should be able to take care of that - put something in the comments section of that room, and then filter that out in your schedule properties.

Maximillian
2007-05-04, 12:51 AM
If I have rooms setup already there will be a conflict if I put one big room over them. Also I can only filter the schedule 4 times and am already close to that on some of them.

wouldn't it be nice to have a filled region that you could "pick walls" like a floor or roof