PDA

View Full Version : Filled Regions from Detail Lines

rjcrowther
2007-05-03, 05:01 AM
And now for my next inane question.

Is there a way of converting detail lines to become a filled region?

The scenario is I often draw things with lines in a section only to come back later and decide I want the lines to become a filled region. Currently I overdraw the lines when sketching the filled region and when finished, delete the detail lines (using the TAB to select them all of course)

Thanks,
Rob

dbaldacchino
2007-05-03, 05:14 AM
Not directly....you could start the filled region command and use pick lines to define the boundary (TAB to make the chain all at once if your lines are continuous). Or TAB first and select all the linework, the CTRL+X (cut), start the filled region command and paste....type 0 + Enter to paste in the same spot, then Finish Sketch.

rjcrowther
2007-05-03, 05:21 AM
Thanks David.

I like the idea of the second one as that gives me a chance to check that I have removed any unnecessary linework. Just out of curiosity, where did you get the 0 + Enter from? Is there a list of these that come with Revit or is it a Windows thing?

Rob

rjcrowther
2007-05-03, 05:25 AM
Just did this, I use CV which is my keyboard shortcut for paste aligned current view and it works well.

Thanks mate.

dbaldacchino
2007-05-04, 03:10 PM
Yeah I just used the basic paste windows function CTRL + V (have not modified the keyboard shortcuts yet) and then you get a temporary dim, so you type in zero and Enter and you get the same result as Paste Aligned.