PDA

View Full Version : Host Sweet > Wall Sweep

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-03, 06:00 PM
Is anyone else having problem with applying a wall sweep in 2008? When I choose Host Sweep >> Wall Sweep absolutely nothing happens. I can't choose a sweep, or load a sweep - its like Revit never recognized that I chose Wall Sweep. Floor Edge, Gutter and Fascia work - but nothing that has to do with walls. Am I missing something here?

Update: it works in 3D but not in plan - odd.

Calvn_Swing
2007-05-03, 06:29 PM
Revit has never let you place wall sweeps in plan that I can remember. You can place them in Elevations, Sections, and 3D views.

The theory (flawed) is that since all walls are always vertical, you can't place a wall sweep in plan since you can't see the face of the wall in plan.

Of course, anyone who regularly makes non-vertical walls can attest to the accuracy of this assumption and the various repercussions throughout the software...

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-03, 06:34 PM
I thought that might be the case, but for some reason I thought I've placed sweeps in plan before. I must have been thinking of fascias and gutters. Thanks for straightening me out.

AP23
2007-05-03, 07:11 PM
Revit has never let you place wall sweeps in plan that I can remember. You can place them in Elevations, Sections, and 3D views.

The theory (flawed) is that since all walls are always vertical, you can't place a wall sweep in plan since you can't see the face of the wall in plan.

Of course, anyone who regularly makes non-vertical walls can attest to the accuracy of this assumption and the various repercussions throughout the software...

There is off course a reason why Revit is called the triple B solution (boring, boxy, building).

Steve_Stafford
2007-05-04, 12:16 AM
There is off course a reason why Revit is called the triple B solution (boring, boxy, building).It is amazing to me that you have more than 100 posts consisting of nearly pure smarm, no real contributions to this forum except to malign the software, its developers and in effect its users. You really are committed to this to continue to return to do so as often as you do.

Where do you help another user? Where do you offer to solve another users problem or help another newbie along? You don't...to quote "Princess Bride"...Boooo, Booooo, boooooo

Your "beam of light" reputation rating just makes it clear to me that our forum reputation system is utterly meaningless. Surely you can find better things to do with your time?

rjcrowther
2007-05-04, 02:21 AM
It is amazing to me that you have more than 100 posts consisting of nearly pure smarm, .........?
Digressing a little here...for the uninitiated, what is smarm?

Rob

gwnelson
2007-05-04, 02:01 PM
Digressing a little here...for the uninitiated, what is smarm?

RobMRAMS spelled backwards...

BTW - I am in complete agreement with Steve on this one.

AP23
2007-05-04, 02:37 PM
It is amazing to me that you have more than 100 posts consisting of nearly pure smarm, no real contributions to this forum except to malign the software, its developers and in effect its users. You really are committed to this to continue to return to do so as often as you do.

Where do you help another user? Where do you offer to solve another users problem or help another newbie along? You don't...to quote "Princess Bride"...Boooo, Booooo, boooooo

Your "beam of light" reputation rating just makes it clear to me that our forum reputation system is utterly meaningless. Surely you can find better things to do with your time?

My god Steve, lighten up. It was a joke as in "knock knock.."

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-05-04, 03:24 PM
There is off course a reason why Revit is called the triple B solution (boring, boxy, building).
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=59907&page=2&pp=10

kpaxton
2007-05-04, 04:43 PM
Sounds like Steve's been hanging around his English friends again. ;)

def.: SMARMY (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/smarmy)

Back to Paper's original comment...

I have found that we typically work in our minds in 3 dimensions. This is one reason why I originally fell in love with Revit, because I could not only actually SEE what I was making, but I could WORK on it also. Much different from the traditional hand drafting or Cad drafting of plans, then elevations, then sections. I have adapted my way of thinking to be able to use the tools in this manner. I actually prefer to place wall sweeps, fascias, gutters, etc. in an axon view as I can see their relationships to other elements 'better'. If I need to do an adjust, then it's either do a Properties, or I go and manipulate in an elevation view. As to non-vertical walls, sure there are difficulties, but then you just have to adjust your manner of creation of the element you're making.

Kyle