PDA

View Full Version : Changing all doortags in one view

Andrew Dobson
2007-05-04, 10:35 AM
Is there a way to select All instances of something only in the current view?

I want to change all of my door tags just on one large plan and change them so that they dont show the fire rating.

I have tried to do this by turning off all categories except door tags, but when I select the tags with a crossing window it still selects the doors

Thanks

Paul P.
2007-05-04, 11:06 AM
Use the filter selection on the options bar after you've used the crossing window and you can just select the door tags.

tonyisenhoff
2007-05-04, 01:31 PM
Your making an assumption that all the doors tags are of the same type...

A little different example - what if have a floor plan with 4 different types of doors and I want to select all instances of "type 1", just in that view?

I don't think you can do it...

Paul P.
2007-05-04, 02:24 PM
Tony, adj did say he wanted to change all of his door tags so that they dont show the fire rating, but you have a valid point you would have to manually pick the different types you wanted but I would still use the filter function to select all the doors in that view and then deselect the ones I didn't want.

Andrew Dobson
2007-05-06, 10:01 AM
Tony, adj did say he wanted to change all of his door tags so that they dont show the fire rating, but you have a valid point you would have to manually pick the different types you wanted but I would still use the filter function to select all the doors in that view and then deselect the ones I didn't want.

This was exactly what I wanted, thanks

Andy

mibzim
2007-05-06, 10:22 AM
I still think an all instances selection for the view would be great...

Paul P.
2007-05-06, 07:32 PM
mibzim, totally agree.