PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'll post a image

timothyj67
2003-07-03, 05:34 AM
This is a unfinished project Iam doing for my Student Portfolio.
All of is straight out of Revit.
And I basically had to teach myself the program..
SO enjoy...

Timothy

beegee
2003-07-03, 05:48 AM
You're doing well Timothy, keep it up :)

Did you import the image into photoshop and play with it there ?

A couple of quick suggestions - (definately not criticism )

Some ground plane texture would help. The trees in accurender often look too green, search the archives ( in alt.cad. revit ) for a thread on how to adjust them ( if you have the time ) The green roof fascia may need some adjusting also. I'd also experiment with different sky / cloud / sun angle combinations.

Just my 2c worth.

beegee

timothyj67
2003-07-03, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the input..
I have discovered the tree editor in Revit..That gives you different tree types, seasonal colors and textures..
The render that I did for the day time shot I forgot to change the trees, but if you notice in the cut-outs surrounding the trees there are leaves, on the ground.
two things I still need help on besides my spelling...lol
1:How do you make windows and doors in curtain walls, after you have put mullions in the glass (and how do you make circular mullions)

2:How do you make curved web joists?

Thanks for your help..

Oh yes they are taken into Photoshop after I rendered them.

Thanks again,

Timothy

PeterJ
2003-07-03, 08:22 AM
That green roof looks like the default roof, you may wish to change the material to something with a texture, which will help soften it's appearance.

Windows and doors in curtain walls are inserted as families in place of the system family. If you load M_single_curtain_wall, or something similarly named from your door family folder - if you have gone with a default install - you will then be able to select the fill panel and choose, in the properties dialog, whether it is to be a system panel, an empty panel, glass, a family you have loaded or the door you just loaded. Similar pattern of actions is true of windows. If you search this forum for posts from Martin P you will find a similar query and people responded with a couple of families for him to use that you might find helpful.

Curved steel? I think that is what you are asking for. Assuming this is to support the roof then you are looking at a family of your own making or an in place family. If you manifacture a generic family with a variable radius and angle of enclosure you should then be able to position it such that it aligns to the U/S of the roof, you will need to experiment with how to deal with rotation, it may be better to make the family work with a ref plane defining start angle and end angle, by instance.

Hope that helps

P

Steve_Stafford
2003-07-03, 10:54 AM
Your "sample5" looks smart and very polished...I like it alot. Nice! The other sample takes on a artificial computery look that doesn't appeal to me personally but the imagery is nice. It just doesn't have the same impact to me that the other does. Nice self tutoring...

timothyj67
2003-07-03, 07:19 PM
So, maybe sample 5 would good enough for image of the week?
Oh yes I did change the roof color...I originally went into the materials accurender list and picked out a darker green but it looks like the default to me also.
Thanks for all the input.

Timothy

christopher.zoog51272
2003-07-03, 07:46 PM
So, maybe sample 5 would good enough for image of the week?

Sure it's IOTW quality, we'll promote to img o' the week next friday.

Great work tim, what school do you go to?

I like night renders, always have.

Allen Lacy
2003-07-03, 08:49 PM
Zoog, likes night renders? I would have never guessed! :wink:

Very nice work, Tim.

Roger Evans
2003-07-04, 11:46 PM
First Congratulations ~ both renders are very good

I think the night shot is nicely abstract looking

I would prefer the day shot more abstract than realistic

You can set the ground plane to any material & any transparency worth experimenting
the sky as well I think it would be improved with a darker or more atmospheric sky

If I can comment on the design a bit ~ I think the stone plinth & columns are a bit heavy ~ I would be inclined to use round steel cols or something

Anyway very well done

Roger