PDA

View Full Version : DWF Print vs DWF Publish

DaveP
2007-05-07, 07:04 PM
What's the difference between Printing a DWF file and Publishing a DWF?
Revit warns you that Publishing is preferred over Printing, but I've found several down-sides to Publishing. (2D DWF, BTW)

A Printed DWF is much smaller than a Published DWF
There is no Preview when you Publish
Our Print House has a problem with Published DWFs. All text ends up Left-justified. Our grid bubbles all have the text start in the center of the bubble & extend past the right side. This is probably their problem, since the DWF itself is OK, but still...
I really want to upgrade to 2008, but since the good old Pinebush PDF doesn't work, I've GOT to find a replacement. Was really hoping to move to DWF, but so far, its not promising

david.kingham
2007-05-07, 09:36 PM
Printing is just an image, that is why it is smaller and there are less problems, when you publish there are objects created that have data, click on a window and it knows its a window, it knows its height, width, manufacturer, etc.

The problem with the reprographer is linked to the software they use to convert the dwf's, most likely Oce Publisher, Oce is not doing a good job keeping their software up to date (we have the same problems with font shifting) either stay with pdf (many options out there, i prefer PDFCreator http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ ) Or get something like AcroPlotPro and convert the dwfs to TIFF before you send them the file