PDA

View Full Version : Can't import/link any DWG or DXF in R2008

dpasa
2007-05-07, 10:03 PM
I have posted this before but I didn't have the time to test it again... Now I have uninstalled 9.1, I have only R2008 and a new project I have to start immediately... I can't import/link the DWG files of the client... Somebody told me that it is a graphics problem... I can't understand why... I can't uncheck OPENGL because Revit gets much slower. I unchecked overlay planes but nothing changed.
Please tell me if you have experienced errors of this kind.
Thanks.

Justin Marchiel
2007-05-07, 10:59 PM
there could be a lot of things. In the cadd file are the lines close to 0,0,0? I find this can cause lots of problems, in every version of revit.

Justin

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-08, 03:29 AM
Ive Linked and Imported a good number of files in RAC2008 so far... No troubles here...

dpasa
2007-05-08, 07:44 AM
Ive Linked and Imported a good number of files in RAC2008 so far... No troubles here...
It's the first release since 6.0 I have this problem... It is not Revit's problem, it has something to do with my PC, but it is a big problem... I will try with my other PC.
Also I will try with misc DWG formats...2000-2008

dhurtubise
2007-05-08, 07:50 AM
Few things you might wanna consider if it aint workinf right away :
- Is the geometry far from 0,0
- Copy the file and explode ALL blocks
- Check worksets

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-08, 12:32 PM
Specifically, which error messages is it giving you? Any at all?

dpasa
2007-05-08, 01:11 PM
Specifically, which error messages is it giving you? Any at all?

Here is my other post on this problem...
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=59251

You'll find some screenshots there... Thanks for your time

twiceroadsfool
2007-05-08, 02:14 PM
I see that error occasionally in a file that is having display problems because it is 19 miles from the origin. Thats generally the only time we have seen that message in our office, aside from the random occurance.

We were getting it more often when we first got our new systems, until we played with the graphics card settings...

dpasa
2007-05-08, 03:35 PM
MAGIC... The error seems to go away... What I did is...
I go to File->Import/Link->Cad formats, and I enable current view only.
I have overlay planes OFF... Now I see that Autodesk's advice is to turn them on... Maybe it has nothing to do with the error.
Also, I will try to update my graphic card's drivers... Maybe this will solve it.
Anyway,I try whatever I see possible.
One more thing, is that I imported 2007 format, not the ones given by my client (dwg2004)

AfricaAD
2007-05-08, 04:47 PM
We have issues when hardware accelerator is turned on in 9.1. It begun when we upgraded to 9.1. All our projects that begun on a previous release are having issues. Our primary video cards are ATI x600. I have heard they have stability issues with Revit.

dbaldacchino
2007-05-08, 06:24 PM
That error occurs a lot when OpenGL is enabled and you have a dwg in your view (I know it occurs mostly with my large site survey dwgs, which are linked in as model elements and are thus placed on user-defined worksets and are visible in all views). It seems to be hit & miss regarding the card brand. You could have great success or disaster with both ATI and Nvidia. In my case, when OpenGL was turned on, if I were lucky I would get those errors as soon as I move/pan/zoom, etc. which made it impossible to work. In most cases, it caused fatal errors, so I was forced to disable OpenGL. You won't be able to work with shadows on, but at least you can get some work done with an occasional annoyance caused by that error.