PDA

View Full Version : Blank text in a titleblock family

J. Grouchy
2004-07-21, 07:11 PM
This thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=2329) discusses the problem I am having with 'blank' text in a titleblock...
We have a titleblock with spaces for print dates which, during the life of a project, get filled in at times...or don't, depending on what sheets are altered (something we all do, I assume). I've set up a new parameter on each line so that I can use a "Drawing List" to fill in the information on these lines in a schedule rather than editing/creating new family for each titleblock variant.
My problem is I want to be able to put "blank text" in a titleblock where I have one of these lines but it does not need to be used at that time. But when I put in nothing, or a space, or one of the ALT codes, or the "non-zero" symbol discussed in the other thread...anything...it does not work (I get either a question mark or an accented 'a'). The only thing I can do is type a period. It doesn't seem to make a difference what font I use, because I get the same result every time.

beegee
2004-07-21, 10:39 PM
Did you try the "blank text font" ? ( It does not appear in the links anymore )

Its here if you want it.

J. Grouchy
2004-07-22, 06:42 PM
Did you try the "blank text font" ? ( It does not appear in the links anymore )

Its here if you want it.
I may be wrong...but doesn't this defeat the purpose? My intent was to not have to go in and edit the family. With this, I would have to go in each time and change the font in the line I want to use to one that is not 'blank'. The point of using the drawing list schedule to edit the print record on each sheet is to avoid the step of editing then reloading the titleblock family each time.

Mr Spot
2004-07-22, 10:30 PM
You can Use the character map in windows. Where the question mark is in revit edit the instance and then insert a special character by holding ALT and press 0160 this is a blank text special character which i think is what you are after...

J. Grouchy
2004-07-23, 01:08 PM
You can Use the character map in windows. Where the question mark is in revit edit the instance and then insert a special character by holding ALT and press 0160 this is a blank text special character which i think is what you are after...

Doesn't work. I still get a question mark.

tonyisenhoff
2006-08-02, 01:14 PM
Any other solutions for this. I need to do the same thing.

When I use the <alt>0160 it appears to put in the space, but once I apply, the space is removed. I can use this method to put in other funky characters, but not the space??