PDA

View Full Version : Adding New Assembly Codes

lcohan
2007-05-09, 06:57 PM
I am trying to assign different assembly codes to 3 newly created railing families. there is only 1 assembly code available to use and i get a message "please enter a valid assembly code" when i try to type in a new number in the family editor. Found the file "UniformatClassifications.txt in the Revit program directory. Can I add new assembly codes here? What are the single numbers and series of numbers that appear next to each classification number and description?

eddy.lermytte
2007-05-09, 10:32 PM
About;
1) adding new assembly code numbers in the UnitFormatClassification txt
> yes you can

2) single numbers 1,2,3,4,5
> these numbers specify the "Windows-like branch" at witch the assembly code shall appear in the "Choose Assembly Code " box.

3) series of numbers like 2000023
> each Rfa-category has a specific code number ( Doors Rfa = 2000023, Windows 2000014, etc)
This is very convenient and facilitates your search for a appropriate assembly code.
For example you want to assign a Assembly Code to a Door Rfa and you checked the Assembly Code button, the "Choose Assembly Code box shows you, in a tree like manner, only these codes with reference 2000023 unless you choose "Show classifications for" > All categories.