PDA

View Full Version : Mirror problem (deleted element)

Daniel Chapman
2007-05-09, 11:37 PM
Morning people,

Having a problem trying to mirror a spec home.

There are 2 parts to this thread i suppose

1. When I try and mirror it there is a bunch of errors that can be ignored and 3 that cant. 2 of those are to do with split faces which are fine, I can just redo those. The 3rd says "Can't miror deleted element". Is there a way to find out what the deleted element is by the element id or some other way so i can try and get around this problem. Could it be one of the outlines of the split face that is trying to delete anyway? I have done a search but no luck with an answer.

2. What is the best/most efficient way to mirror a master that has already been detailed keeping as much as possible.

mruehr
2007-05-10, 05:29 AM
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5438331
This will help
but not in 2008

Daniel Chapman
2007-05-10, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the link. It sounds like it would be good to be able to do it via the project position/orientation command. I will look into it.
If anybody knows the answer to the deleted element part of the thread then feel free to jump in and save the day.

mruehr
2007-05-10, 06:06 AM
i think you can see the element id in the error message
if so
copy it and try "select by id" from the Tools menu
hope it works

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=59360&highlight=mirror
this is another good one to read

Daniel Chapman
2007-05-10, 06:38 AM
Just had that pointed out by a colleague actually.
Thanks again

patricks
2007-05-10, 02:32 PM
curious as to why the split face lines wouldn't mirror. Did you select everything in a 3D view, including the split boundaries?

Daniel Chapman
2007-05-10, 10:46 PM
Sure did. Basically opened 3d view and selected everything, then opened plans and ctrl + selected everything too so it would have picked up there. Have got it sorted now by using the element id search.

patricks
2007-05-11, 12:55 PM
yeah we REALLY need a select all function. I saw a wish on the wishlist for a Select All by project or by view. That would be great to have.