PDA

View Full Version : Is the use of journal files for end user to do anything with been disabled?

DoTheBIM
2007-05-10, 02:32 PM
As the title asks. I lost a few hours of work thanks to flippin' M$ automatic update and read something about using journal files. But I can't even get a simple open a drawing and draw a few lines and close again to work. I'd really like to learn about this as I think it will come in handy. Needless to say I won't be recovering due to unauthorized automatic restarts any more. GRRRRR!!!!!

Version 9.1 if it matters.

aaronrumple
2007-05-10, 02:52 PM
As the title asks. I lost a few hours of work thanks to flippin' M$ automatic update and read something about using journal files. But I can't even get a simple open a drawing and draw a few lines and close again to work. I'd really like to learn about this as I think it will come in handy. Needless to say I won't be recovering due to unauthorized automatic restarts any more. GRRRRR!!!!!

Version 9.1 if it matters.
The API is gaining functionality - so that is the preferred method for any automation. It does however have a step learning curve.

The journal has never really been a end user tool. You are better off sending the project and journal to support if you really need to recover information.

DoTheBIM
2007-05-10, 03:10 PM
API is not with in my reach just yet. I hated to bother support with something that was M$'s fault. I did get the journal to work right when you sent your response. I had to get the file from before I started this morning and apply the journal to it. So I guess it's still working. I did notice I lost a few tags but piece of cake to fix that compared to what I would have had to do. Thanks.