PDA

View Full Version : Project North, True North

dysart
2007-05-10, 03:17 PM
Scope boxes, crop regions, Project North, True North

I started a project from a site plan with True North straight up.
The building has many parts or wings with 3 different orientations.

I created 3 scope boxes appropriately angled to the different wings, in order to orient the separate wings to their own orthogonal grid references. Then I activated the appropriate scope box for the various views I want.

Any opinions on whether this is good or best practice? I know I could just use a crop region and rotate it. This new orientation holds in the view, even when the Crop region is turned off. The view properties of this angled view still refer to this view as “Project North”? It seems that one may have any view, which may have been rotated various ways, referred to as “Project North”? I can clear it back to the initial Project North by switching to True north and then back to Project North. Seems confusing, so hence the use of scope boxes to hold my 3 primary orientations. In other words, I’m using Scope boxes as my orientation markers/entities.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Greg

sbrown
2007-05-10, 05:19 PM
You seem to be doing it right.

project north and true north are for the "big picture" scope boxes are for exactly how you are using them. Basically you use the scope boxes to set your grid and level extents for the wings, then use crop regions and rotate them to have the views orthagonal on sheets.

dysart
2007-05-10, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback Scott. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't using Scope boxes in a left field kind of way.

Greg