PDA

View Full Version : Multileader style location?

Steve_Bennett
2007-05-10, 04:09 PM
When you first use multileader in a legacy drawing, it will go ahead and pull in the leader heads. WHERE are these coming from? Would be nice to know so one could change them...

I suppose they use the same content as the dimensions do, but it would be nice to clarify this.

Steve_Bennett
2007-05-15, 03:20 AM
Have I asked a redundant question or is it super hard to find this info...

Mike.Perry
2007-05-15, 04:27 AM
Hi

Via the Standard MultiLeader Style.

Take a look at the Multileader Style Manager dialog box...

Command: _.MLeaderStyle

Have a good one, Mike

.chad
2007-05-15, 01:25 PM
Have I asked a redundant question or is it super hard to find this info...it appears to be the latter. if you explode a multi-leader, it breaks down to a block called _TagHexagon (or similar) - i did a search of my harddrive for that and came up empty, so they are nested somewhere.

however, if you search for "leader" you will get a number of results - if you poke around a bit there are several files that have the various blocks in them -

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Architecture 2008\ContentPacks\cp_BSD_Imperial_Base\guides.cab

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Architecture 2008\Sample\Dynamic Blocks\Multileader Tools.dwg

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-A 2008\enu\Properties\Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.MLeader.xml

Steve_Bennett
2007-05-15, 06:33 PM
it appears to be the latter. if you explode a multi-leader, it breaks down to a block called _TagHexagon (or similar) - i did a search of my harddrive for that and came up empty, so they are nested somewhere.

however, if you search for "leader" you will get a number of results - if you poke around a bit there are several files that have the various blocks in them -

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Architecture 2008\ContentPacks\cp_BSD_Imperial_Base\guides.cab

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Architecture 2008\Sample\Dynamic Blocks\Multileader Tools.dwg

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-A 2008\enu\Properties\Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.MLeader.xmlVery interesting. No wonder I couldn't find them! Thanks - that is what I was looking for. I knew those blocks had to be coming from somewhere.

.chad
2007-05-15, 06:51 PM
let me know what you find out. i always like new things to tinker with - and wouldnt mind trying to add in some additional shapes.

now if i could just figure out how to get DB's working with MLeaders..