PDA

View Full Version : Raster Images and Color Fills

dysart
2007-05-10, 08:49 PM
May one show rooms, as in a color scheme of a plan, which has a raster image below?

My example involves a scanned image of a site plan below my floor plan.

I tried this w/ 9.1 and 2008 w/ no luck. I know when one wants to show rooms that there are changes to the visibility of the view to allow the rooms to show, such as shutting off of floors' shading. This seems like it would be a common need, but maybe this is a wish list item.

I also tried to have a shaded view of my floor plan (showing shaded floors) on top of the site plan image. No luck with 9.1, some luck w/ 2008 but difficulty in having the shaded floor stay shaded in duplicated views of the plan.

I know revit is not adobe illustrator, but shaded rooms over raster site plans seems like something I could use a few times over.

Thanks to the forum, great place to improve one's revit knowledge...

dysart
2007-05-10, 09:10 PM
In Revit 2008, I just realized that I could get the floors to show properly (as I wish them to) in a copy of one of my site plan views, by going to the properties of the view and toggling the Graphics Parameter, Color Scheme, to "none". If one of the color schemes is choosen, there is no shading at all - which I think I'll be told is known behavior.... humf.